Truth: The Addicted series started out as a trilogy, including Ricochet too because we hated the idea of writing a sequel with the main guy absent for the majority of the book (*side-glance at New Moon* Edward, come backkk!).
Initially, we never intended to write spin-off books for Ryke & Daisy or even Rose & Connor. But as soon as we wrote Ricochet, we planned the rest of the series out to include spin-off books. For one, people were reading the series, and that meant the world to us and it meant that we had the ability to extend the books. Because if no one is reading, then we should, theoretically, move on (even if it hurts!) to standalones and a new series that people will actually read.
But yes, an amazing thing has happened. We have fans! *faints* And we not only had the ability to write Kiss the Sky (Calloway Sisters #1) and Hothouse Flower (Calloway Sisters #2) but people are actually reading them!
As we're writing what was always supposed to be the final book in the series -- Addicted After All -- we're realizing that there is room for more stories, and since we plan plots way ahead of time, we need to know what you want now.
If the majority of people would rather us end the series now and move on, then there's no reason for us to continue. We're at the service of our readers first and foremost. We write for you and because we love it. We have full control over our stories. While they "speak to us" on some level, we have the ability to tie up a story perfectly now or tie it up perfectly months from now with a little more oomph. We just want to know if you'd like that extra oomph or if you're ready for somethin' else.
This is where the SUPER IMPORTANT AWESOME POLL comes into play. The only way to gauge how many people want more books is to see it in numbers *gestures to the poll way below*
HOW THE SERIES IS SET UP NOW: PHASES 1-3
#1: ADDICTED TO YOU
#2: ADDICTED FOR NOW
PHASE 2: CALLOWAY SISTERS (Rose & Connor)(Daisy & Ryke)
Spin-Off (Calloway Sisters #1) : KISS THE SKY
Spin-Off (Calloway Sisters #2): HOTHOUSE FLOWER
PHASE 3: (Lily & Lo)
#3: ADDICTED AFTER ALL
4 OPTIONS FOR THE FUTURE
- 1. Everything stays the same. No extra Rose & Connor or Ryke & Daisy books. We'll end the series (i.e. the main 6 characters' lives) with Addicted After All -- told in Lily & Lo's POV. We won't write an extended epilogue as another book, but there will probably be an epilogue within AAA to wrap everything up.
- 2. Two more spin-off books. We'll add a Phase 4, which will include Calloway Sisters #3 (Rose & Connor's POV) and then a Calloway Sisters #4 (Ryke & Daisy's POV). In the spirit of the entire series, it'll act as a continuous timeline and take place after AAA.
- 3. Only a prequel. We'll write an Addicted #3.5 / Calloway Sisters #2.5 (one book), and it'll have all three couple's POVs (like 3 books in one). Think Rose & Connor's first kiss. More scenes from Addicted to You in Lo's POV. Ryke & Daisy's first encounters. Basically scenes that have been largely "off screen" can now be in other character's POVs, giving you plenty of extra stuff you may have wanted.
- 4. Two more spin-off books AND a prequel! The entire series will end with Ryke & Daisy's POV if this option is chosen. Phase 4 will look like this:
- CALLOWAY SISTERS #3 (Rose & Connor)
- CALLOWAY SISTERS #4 (Ryke & Daisy)
IMPORTANT: CONSIDER THESE THINGS BEFORE YOU VOTE!
- We will not manufacture drama. If you're worried that Calloway Sisters #3 & #4 will "jump the shark" (using a television reference), have no fear. We've thought about the conflicts already and we're not stretching the series just to squeeze out more books. If we thought no realistic conflicts existed, we wouldn't even offer this as an option.
- We're very particular, and there are certain things we won't do to create conflict. One of those things is a love triangle. No love triangles will occur!
- If you want more books, then anything else we had planned in the future will be pushed back by a few months (if not more) in order to accommodate the time it'll take us to write Calloway Sisters 3 & 4 and / or a prequel.
- Simply: Calloway Sisters 3 & 4 plus the prequel will come out before future series. BUT we may have a standalone -- unrelated to the Addicted series -- released in the middle of this time span.
- It takes us roughly 3 to 4 months to write a book. In miraculous cases where the books are shorter, it's taken us 1 to 2 months.