Ah, the time has come, lovely readers. We have pressed *send* -- ARCs are official out right now. October 31st. Halloween. Loren Hale's birthday. And it's time to celebrate!
SECRETS, SECRETS, (NOT SPOILERS)
Addicted for Now is split into 3 parts... and it contains Loren Hale's POV.
Yep, we did it. This book, you'll be inside his head as he returns to rehab and fights to protect Lily. We realized pretty quickly that the sequel just didn't work with only her point of view. From here on out, all the Addicted series books will be featured with both POVs (this includes Thrive and Addicted After All).
A lot of you begged us for a Loren Hale POV book, but we didn't want to just reiterate the same plot or story again. We wanted to give you something entirely new. Addicted for Now should satiate your desires :D
THE BOOK IS LONG. AND WHY WE DON'T CARE ABOUT THE LENGTH.
- The ARC comes out to be around 485 pages. But we're adding the Prologue to Kiss the Sky in the final version available November 30th. Which means that we're looking at a nearly 500 page book.
- We've split the book into 3 parts. We could have easily separated the parts into volumes and made you pay separately for each one. We would have made a lot more money that way, but Krista and I talked about it, and we decided that it just didn't make sense to do that. This is a sequel, one complete book. Yes, it's long, but it has a plot from start to finish. No cliffhanger. Everything ties together. And we already have tons of books for this series. We didn't need to add three more to the list just for the book to appear shorter. And we'd rather you only have to pay for one (not three) since there's already so many books in the Addicted world.
- Each sub character (Ryke & Daisy, Connor & Rose) have their own plot line that weaves into Lily and Lo's story. So essentially, that caused the book to be longer, as did the dual POV.
- We went through the book with one mindset at the end. DELETE! And it still turned out to be this long. So hey, we tried.
- And this is the biggie. Even though Kiss the Sky and Hothouse Flower will be released in January and February 2014, the next book in the addicted series (Thrive) will not be out until Spring 2014. We wanted to give you as much as possible so you didn't have terrible withdrawals. We could have deleted some scenes, but we were like "nah" why do that when you can just read part 1, 2, 3 spaced out if you want to? That way you can read it like three separate books if you're kind of like us, but you'll still get everything we wanted to say.
- Krista and I love great story arcs, a la television series. Addicted for Now truly acts like an entire season of a television show. And so if you think about it, it's kind of like 24 episodes of Gossip Girl "on crack" (as most of you pointed out) in one book.
- And usually Krista and I restrain ourselves when we write. We say, "we can't go past 100,000 words." We didn't do that this time. We wanted to give you as much as possible while not adding "filler." Hopefully we succeeded!